3.08.2007

Shedding Some Light on the Project

Today the lights that I ordered for the living and dining room arrived. The pictures were a little misleading however. I like the style, but on the internet, they definitely looked like the glass shades were white. When I opened the box they were ivory. In fact, on the box, the description was "ivory-etched glass". I checked the internet to see if that same description was posted in the website.

Nope. The shade is described as etched glass. That says a lot.

Will ivory still look good with all the trim and ceilings painted white? I don't want to return them, because I will have to pay shipping and handling and I was very happy that they were so affordable in the first place. All the other lights in the house are white glass. I want some consistency, so I will have to think hard about keeping these lights.

(3-9-07) Here is both the Thomas Lighting website and the CSNLighting website where I purchased it. Molly says that perhaps I have a case where I can return them since the information was not accurate. I still like the lights, I just think the shades should be white.

http://www.thomaslighting.com/catalog/proddetail.asp?cno=M2809-63

http://www.csnlighting.com/Thomas-Lighting-M2809-63-TL3232.html


Tell me these doesn't look white...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup...those look white. We have ivory lights but no white trim, so I'm not sure. Have you held them up in the house to see how they look?
-Molly

rob werge, charlotte miller said...

Hey, white, smite, bright...it'll all look so great. As always the main point is the warmth of your smile when you open the door to friends. So great that you are doing a renovation of a bungalow...so smart to get a house with character, history, charm...well, maybe the charm needs some work, but good going. Congradulations....

Anonymous said...

I think ivory might actually still look good (ivory/white can still be consistent?). Anyway, you're due for a new post Amandish!
Kevin